The purpose of this policy is to explain to you how we control, process, handle and protect your personal information. This includes;
- Who we are,
- How and why we collect, store, use and share personal information,
- Your rights in relation to your personal information, and
- How to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event that you have a complaint.
Who we are
W G Shenton Plumbing and Heating Ltd. (‘we’ or ‘us’) collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
The personal information we collect and use
We collect personal information in order to identify you and manage any accounts that you may hold with us, which may then enable us to process your enquiry and order such as:-
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Property address
Personal information you provide about third parties
If you give us information about another person, you confirm that the other person has appointed you to act on their behalf and agreed that you shall consent on their behalf to the processing of their personal data and shall receive any data protection notices on their behalf.
How we collect data
Data is normally collected when you make contact with us by one of the following methods;
- Website “Contact Us” page
- Job application
- Apprenticeship application
Reasons we collect and use your personal information
We collect personal information about you in order to provide you with the best possible service that we can. This in turn enables us to communicate effectively and share with you any relevant information as and when required.
The information stored and held by us provides us with detailed information of previous services supplied by us, together with dates. This gives us an overall view of all past work carried out on a property.
We may also use your information for the following:
- For internal and external auditing purposes
- Collection of debts
- For transferring information to organisations as and when required for Warranties, Gas/Electrical Notifications, Building Regulations, legally or otherwise.
Who your information may be shared with
We may share your information with:-
- Suppliers for ease of delivering goods
- Third parties and their associated companies or approved contractors for the purpose of delivering our service to you
- Equipment Manufacturers for Warranty purposes (where approved by you)
- Gas Safe Register
- Other organisations relating to buildings and fitments
- Law enforcement agencies in connection with any investigation to help prevent unlawful activity
How long your personal information will be kept
There are various legal requirements and professional guidelines about keeping certain records, such as information for income tax and audit purposes, together with information on health and safety. These guidelines are maintained. We do however keep customer records and property service information longer than those guidelines, as this enables us to respond to queries from longstanding returning customers relating to past service on a property.
Should you wish your records to be removed, please contact us immediately and we will do so, unless there is a legal reason for us to maintain that data.
Keeping your information secure
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We will also use technological and organisation measures to keep your information secure.
We also have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breach. We will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where we are legally required to do so.
Indeed, while we will use all reasonable efforts to secure your personal data, in using the site you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data that are transferred from you or to you via the internet. If you have any particular concerns about your information, please contact us using the details below.
Transfers of your information out of the EEA
We will not transfer your personal information outside of the EEA at any time.
What rights do you have?
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your use personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the Guidance from the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) on individual’s rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (http://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/)
If you would like to exercise any of these rights please:
- email, call or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
From time to time we may also have other methods to unsubscribe (opt-out) from any direct marketing including for example, unsubscribe buttons or web links. If such are offered, please note that there may be some period after selecting to unsubscribe in which marketing may still be received while your request is being processed.
Website and cookies
your hard drives to assist in personalising and enriching your browsing experience by displaying content that is more likely to be relevant to you.
When completing an online booking form to make enquiries about our service, we ask you for the following information;
- Phone number
- Email address
- Details of your enquiry
How to complain
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner who may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us by one of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Post : W G Shenton Ltd, 63a Oakley Lane, Oakley, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG23 7JT
- Telephone: 01256 780330
Our data protection officer is Mrs F. Shenton. We may record calls for quality and training purposes.